[Centos] CentOS3.3

donavan nelson donavan at 4wx.net
Fri Oct 8 16:52:14 UTC 2004

Ajay Sharma wrote:

> Dominic Iadicicco wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>>    Just need some info to clarify something.
>>
>>    How is 3.3?  By word of mouth I heard that their
>> may have been some issues with it.  However I have not
>> heard anything here on this forum or any problems with
>> RHE3 U3. So I am assuming all is well.
>

> You're question, "How is 3.3?", is very broad.  It works for a lot of
> people or else we wouldn't be here.  Download the ISO's, install it on
> some hardware and see for yourself.  3.3 has been very good for me.  I
> only have one server upgraded but plan to switch the other 4 over in
> the coming months.

Don't know what you "heard".  The current iso images have a couple of
problems -- don't recall exactly what they are.  Other issues have been
Redhat flow down issues (named-chroot) and people using non stock
kernels (2.6.x).  It is my understanding the iso's for 3.3 will be
respun for 3.3 final.

If you have specific issues, please ask them.

.dn