[Centos] Re: [cAos] centos-3 x86_64 install hangs

Tim Mattox

tmattox at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 00:12:03 UTC 2004

Hello gillian,
You can try adding these options to the kernel commandline
and it might help:
noapic
iommu=off

The 2.4/2.6 hybrid kernel that RedHat supplies with RHEL3
has some issues with some AMD64 motherboards AFAIK,
and the above options made the CentOS 3's kernel
bootable for me on one of our systems.

BTW - I've moved this to the CentOS mailing list, that is
a more appropriate forum for this question.  Please remove
the caos at caosity.org CC if/when anyone replies.

--
Tim Mattox - tmattox at gmail.com - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/