[Centos] Setting up a local yum repository for CentOS-3.1

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 18 07:32:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 17:02 +1000, John Newbigin wrote:
> Is there an approved procedure for setting up a local yum repository
> which has all the CentOS-3 patches (3.1 & 3.3)?  I don't want to have 2
> directories, just a single directory which has all the patches I need.

3.3 - base + 3.3 updates has all the patches you'll need. If you want to
merge 3.3 base + 3.3 updates into one dir then just copy them together
and run yum-arch.

> I though the 3.3 directory would have these included but it seems not.

3.3 + 3.3 updates should be everything you need.

> If I manually upgrade to centos-release-3.3 (before installing all the
> 3.1 patches) then I will not get any outstanding patches from 3.1, which
>   might be a problem.

you shouldn't no.

> As a side issue, is there any reasons for anyone not to upgrade to 3.3?
> and is running 3.1 still secure?

3.1 has all the updates applied to it just as 3.3 does.

so no difference.

-sv