[Centos] kickstart from cd

Lee W centos-list at unassemble.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 21:59:17 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: beau [mailto:phaedral at gmail.com]
Sent: 26 October 2004 22:43
To: centos at caosity.org
Subject: [Centos] kickstart from cd

Howdy,

Was wondering if anyone on the list has successfully created a kickstart cd.
I get the thing burnt, looks good, I can browse all the files, but when I
actually boot from it I can't get it to admit the ks.cfg exists.  I *have*
been successful with kickstart over http; just can't seem to make it happen
from the cd.  Pointers appreciated, I've been mostly looking at the
following:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s
1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s
1-kickstart2-putkickstarthere.html#S2-KICKSTART2-CDBASED
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/x8664-multi-inst
all-guide/s1-steps-install-cdrom.html#S2-STEPS-MAKE-CD
http://freeunix.dyndns.org:8088/site2/howto/Burn_em_Baby.shtml

--

Where did you place the ks.cfg file?
What Command are you using on the boot prompt?

If you have the ks.cfg file on the root of your CD and the drive is plugged
into the secondary master IDE Channel you may need something like:-

linux ks=hd:hdc/ks.cfg

I haven't tried it but should work.

Regards

Lee