[Centos] GFS for CentOS-3

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Sun Oct 31 22:27:22 UTC 2004

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 10:47 +1000, John Newbigin wrote:
>
>>I have built GFS & CS packages for CentOS-3.  I am not aware of official
>>CentOS versions yet so I am offering these packages.
>>
>>The current location is http://bender.it.swin.edu.au/centos-3/
>>See the readme.txt for more information.
>>
>>John.
>>

> Thanks John :)
>
> Did you have modify the SOURCE tar file from the original src.rpm, or
> only the SPEC file?
Only the SPEC file.  My version numbering is slightly different to
CentOS-3.  I do not use .0 for a SPEC only change because it is not
scalable.  If you need to rerelease with another SPEC only change (which
I have done with my GFS package) then where do you go?

I have been using .c2 for CentOS-2 and .c3 for CentOS-3.

John.