[Centos] Maintainers and security updates

Michael Rock mikerocks65 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 20:19:33 UTC 2004

Thanks Greg and to everyone who responded. The efforts
you describe, the overwhelming positive responses I
received by email and on this list, besides simply
just seeing how you are turning out updates as quickly
as RHEL releases them, is exactly what I am looking
for.

I wanted to remain with the stability of a RHEL disto
while avoiding the licensing fees and the Fedora
upgrade treadmill. Not to knock the decent effort of
other RHEL clones, this clearly is not an one man show
like Whitebox or Tao, nor lacks the community
involvement of Fedora Legacy. This was something I was
clearly looking to avoid.

Also I found in checking security fix dates compared
to RHEL mailings that Centos beats out Whitebox which
still has not released the group of fixes from 9/1.

As far as giving back I am not an expert, but as soon
as I get up to speed I can provide any feedback on
anything I find undocumented and will participate in
the forums if I can be of any help.