[Centos] SATA RAID Card

Martin Hamant mh at accelance.fr
Tue Sep 21 06:59:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:42:17 +0800
"Harris" <harris at linda-harris.net> disait:

> anyone have experiences installing SATA raid card with CentOS/RHEL? I
> am considering Promise FastTrak S150 Tx2 plus, FastTrack 2200 or
> FastTrack S150 Sx4
>
> Which one of these ( or any othe brand) can ensure smooth install of
> CentOS without problems, thanks.

i've experienced the TX2, and it's not smooth. Lot of crashes (kernel
oops, panic). Not a"real" SATA RAID controller ... experimental driver,
for me it's not way! ( Dell does not include the card into their RAID
poweredge 400SC because ( i think ) of these problem. They prefer
include the PERC sata 100 RAID 4ch and this last one works with no
problems)

--
Martin