[Centos] Need apache ftp help please

Mike addymin at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 23 20:07:37 UTC 2004

Beth Curotto wrote:

> System = CentOS / Apache 2.0 / HTML files location =  /var/www/html
>
> Nat'd IP - ports 80, 20, 21 already opened & routed to internal ip.
>
> I desperately need the quick & dirty solution.
>
> I need a setup where one user can ftp from another desktop (windows) to
> upload new website files. I currently have CuteFTP, but will use
> anything needed at this point.
>
> I need to try to test this today. VERY new to linux, I am completely
> bogged down trying to learn command-line syntax.
>
> Thanks in advance, Beth

Beth:

I use pure-ftpd. I've found this ftp server to be the easiest and most
secure to set-up for Redhat systems.  Go to:

http://www.pureftpd.org/

The Redhat binary (rpm) version can be downloaded here:

ftp://ftp.pureftpd.org/pub/pure-ftpd/releases/binaries/redhat/

You'll probably want the "i686" version.

Install the rpm package (you'll need to be root to do this):

# rpm -Uvh pure-ftpd-1.0.19-1.i686.rpm

And that's it.

Michael