[Centos] Re: CentOS-2 to CentOS-3 migration

Rick Graves

gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 12:38:46 UTC 2004

Beau,

> Subject: Re: [Centos] HOWTO? Upgrade Centos-2 to
> Centos-3

John Newbin has been working on a migration center.
It may have some useful information; get it here:

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/centos-2/migration.htm

> Correct me if I am wrong, but centos 2
>  is based off or redhat 7.2, so it may work.

Check out the CentOS/RedHat family tree at the bottom
of the migration center.

BTW, I recently did a desktop install RedHat 9 to
CentOS-3 migration as an experiment.  There were come
package incompatibilities that blocked the migration
via YUM, so I did "yum remove" on each package that
yum complained about.  After removing a couple of
rpm's, the migration went ahead.  Afterward, I did
"yum install" to put the packages back that I had
removed.  That seems to be a successful approach.

Rick

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276534