[CentOS] postfix tightening

Mark A. Lewis mark at siliconjunkie.net
Sat Apr 2 03:04:15 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 20:19 -0600, Mark A. Lewis wrote:
> > I have never understood the precived connection between reverse DNS
> > and spam. I have seen some go as far as if the reverse DNS does not
> > match the senders domain they will kick it.
>
> Mostly because a trojaned machine on a broadband connection
> spewing SPAM will not have a valid reverse DNS entry.

Riight. Ever done a reverse lookup on a RR IP? Rogers? SBC? All of them
will have valid reverse entries.
> By forcing a policy of accurate reverse DNS, most of the
> home-broadband- SPAM factories are shut down.
I would argue that using that logic none of them will be shut down.

Not trying to pick any fights here, I just feel very strongly that the
logic is very flawed and am looking for some real justification of this.

believed to be clean.