[CentOS] Problems joining Samba toa w2000 AD PDC

Sean O'Connell oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 6 15:13:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 11:19 +0100, Mário Gamito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this (Linux) Samba file server, that indeed is a client of a
> Windows 2000 Server PDC, using Active Directory.
>
> I am the Samba machine admin, but not the Windows one.
>
> I have to join the Samba machine to the PDC on the 2000 server.
>
> I ask the Windows 2000 server admin to come to my Samba machine and
> insert his login and password to join my machine, but i always get the
> same error (after my signature, along with other relevant data).
>
> I tried:
>
> # net ads join -Uzbr at dte.ua.pt
>
> What could be causing the error ?
>
> Another question.:
> In the moment of joining the Samba machine to the PDC on the Windows
> 2000 Server, the Samba daemons must be up or down (i've read
> contraditory things about this issue) ?
>
> Any help would be apreciated.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário Gamito
> ------------
> [root at tux moreira]# # net ads join -Uzbr at dte.ua.pt
> foobar at foobar.pt's password:
> [2005/04/06 09:24:16, 0]
>    ads_connect: Cannot find KDC for requested realm
> [root at tux moreira]#

Mario-

Have you fixed your /etc/krb5.conf to reflect your AD domain? Can you
kinit as zbr? I had a similar problem with kinit, and it turned out that
I had not fully configured my krb5.conf to reflect our AD domain (still
had some references to EXAMPLE.COM .. d'oh :)

Hope that helps,
Sean
--
Sean O'Connell
Office of Engineering Computing         oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu
Jacobs School of Engineering, UCSD      858.534.7916 (47916)