[CentOS] OpenGroupware.Org

Dave Hornford OSD at HornfordAssociates.com
Thu Apr 7 19:19:07 UTC 2005

Pedro Silva wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm thinking on installing OGO on CentOS 4. I've been to
> download.opengroupware.org but I didn't find any CentOS/RHEL 4
> specific rpm packages. I'm wondering, since RHEL4/CentOS4 is based on
> Fedora Core 3, can I use these packages safely? Has anyone ever tried
> installing OGO on CentOS 4? Has anyone ever used ogoall-...rpm ?

Pedro,

I have installed OGO on several different Linux versions as part of an
evaulation. I would suggest starting with the Fedora RPMs
available at:
http://download.opengroupware.org/packages/fedora-core2/releases/
I have not looked at OGO since Dec/Jan, but the directions for
installation are perhaps the worst I have ever seen. Hopelessly outdated
& supersceded directions were prominenet and current directions buried
away. By starting with the Fedora RPM you can be pretty confident you
haven't missed something on the dge of the documentation.

We ended up going with eGroupWare

regards Dave
www.HornfordAssociates.com