[CentOS] MailScanner With One vs Two Postfix Instances

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Apr 10 10:32:32 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005, at 6:50, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> The postfix guys also say compile your own and don't use the distro
> version. I say, also use RPMs so you can continue to get security
> updates.

Even though this topic of prepackaged-vs-RPM is a total rat-hole I'd
like to note that the "anti-prepackaged" attitude most likely stems
from the fact that most distros ship either ancient versions or
versions that simply don't have a lot of desired extensions (or "usable
versions" of these extensions) linked in.

For me the postfix that shipped with Centos4 was the first RPM that I
successfully used in a setup where LDAP and SASL play important roles,
everywhere else I had to roll my own.

jens