[CentOS] MailScanner With One vs Two Postfix Instances

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Sun Apr 10 17:08:14 UTC 2005

Franki wrote:

> I'd love to use pre compiled Postfix, but unfortunately I use it with
> Mysql/Courier-IMAP/SASL
> and I've yet to see a Postfix rpm that can handle that. I also use
> Amavis-new/spamassassin/Clamd for a nice fast virus/spam solution.
>
> The closest I've ever gotten to an out of the box install of all that
> was using Mandrake believe it or not. They had contrib rpms for
> everything needed for clamd/amavis-new/spamassassin but still fell
> short on the mysql/courier/sasl side. (that that that wasn't expected)
> my current mail server is a Debian Woody box with lots of updated
> packages and a self compiled Postfix.

I'm a bit curious what benefit you achieve from adding the complexity of
mysql into the mix.  Does it improve performance?  Is there some feature
that you need that is only available if you hook in a database back-end?

Also, how many users does this server provide mail service for?

Best regards,

Chris