[CentOS] Manual Paritioning with fdisk

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Tue Apr 12 01:18:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 19:49 -0400, Gerald Waugh wrote:

> Yes, I create hda1 and hdc1 as "Software Raid"
> then hit the RAID button.
> It says md0 and the partitions are hda1 and hdc1 I select RAID1,
> but when I hit OK and look at the display of partitions it indicates
> hda1 and hda2 and hdc reads unused.

Ok, I finally worked my way through the partitioning.
I believe it may be because I didn't explicitly select the
drive when I created the partitions (both were selected)
   A guess!

I have md0 as '/' md1 as swap and md2 as /home
I then go through the install;
 it ask to install on the md0 partition.
But I never see where it ask to put the mbr record..
Then when it finishes the install and reboot..
I get a screen with "GRUB" at the top and nothing else.

I have installed many times, without using RAID1 and all went well.
Where am I going wrong?
Gerald

--
Gerald Waugh