[CentOS] Manual Paritioning with fdisk

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Wed Apr 13 21:24:32 UTC 2005

Hello, Gerald.

You are welcome.
The boot should occur if you stated that the boot partition is 'set as
primary', for both disk drives individually !
To be clearer, you should do one partitionning on one disk and then redo
exactly the same operations (including the 'set as primary' for the /boot
partition) on the other disks.
Then only you should go and create your RAID arrays. Then it should boot
normally. I did it successfully with CentOS 3 and 4 so I might give you some
more hints if you wish. But it's alwas easier when we know that it's
possible. Just carefully follow the steps I indicated and it shold work
fine.

The clone drive option might have disappeared but I did it by redoing the
same thing manually for the second disk on CentOS 4. It takes you between 5
to 20 minutes to do it but you normally just do it once so it's worth the
work.

Best regards,

Daniel