[CentOS] OT mod_security

Franki

franki at htmlfixit.com
Thu Apr 14 18:20:44 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

I've planning out my upgrade to CentOS4 and one of my plans for security
is to impliment the mod_security apache module to filter out unwanted
malicious intent.

Not having used it before, I wanted to see if anyone here has
implimented it and did it block any legit traffic or cause resource
traffic/serious slowdowns of their systems?

I've asked on the forum about secure virtual hosting and have considered
many options but what I have decided on is a combination of vsftp/TLS to
chroot users and mod_security to reduce the risk of outside intrusion
attempts via HTTP.

Is mod_security available as a package on CentOS4/RHEL4 ? I found
packages for 3 but thus far none for 4.

many thanks

rgds

Franki