[CentOS] Wine and CentOS quick question

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Tue Apr 19 14:41:33 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the comments!
I've just downloaded and installed the RHEL 3 Athlon version.

I've just now edited the /root/.wine/config file, so I guess I'm ready
to give it a go (I'm currently RTFM-ing though, just to make sure I
didn't miss anything)...

Then:

> I would get the Source RPMS (if there are any) for RHEL3 and build them
> on CentOS-4.  Otherwise, you may have library version issues with
> dependencies.

Coming from a FreeBSD background I'm very much inclined to do just that.
However, as the Wine page states that it's by far preferrable to perform
a package installation, I'm trying that first. If something doesn't
work, I'll go for the source compilation method...

Cheers!
Olafo