[CentOS] centos 4 apt repository

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Apr 21 18:22:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 01:23 +0800, Mark Quitoriano wrote:
> hmmm... does are for el4 i know there was before for centos4. how come
> there's no official apt repo for centos4?
>

> On 4/21/05, Karanbir Singh <Mail-Lists at karan.org> wrote:
> > Mark Quitoriano wrote:
> > > any repository for centos 4?
> >
> > Look here :
> >
> > http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=438&forum=28

Are you looking for the CentOS 4 OS apt setup ?

You should be aware of the fact that Apt-Rpm is only supported on i386,
and we prefer Yum as a package manager on CentOS. Having said that,
there are apt repositories for CentOS 4.

The details you need to setup Apt for CentOS 4 /i386 :

Name: Base OS
Section: os

Name: Updates
Section: updates

Name: Extras
Section: extras

( the main apt trunk is : http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/apt/i386/ )

If you need apt / Synaptic - they are available in the Extras
repository, and are pre-configured for the CentOS4 repo's. You can
download them here : http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/extras/i386/RPMS/
or enable the extras repository in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo and
just run 'yum install synaptic'.

Hope this helps.

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/