[CentOS] How do point releases work?

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Fri Apr 22 11:28:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 07:01:26AM -0400, Steve Snyder wrote:
> I'm new to RHEL-like distros.
>
> When, say, CentOS 4.1 is released, will it simply be CentOS 4.0 + released
> updates in new ISO images?  Or is it more than just the updated packages
> integrated into the full distribution?

Yes and no. The updated binaries will be there, but update usually
involves new installer wich might only fix BUGS or even add some new
functionality. For old installation that is not needed at all tho.

> Put another way, if my 4.0 installation is kept up to date with YUM, will
> I basically have a 4.1 installation?

Yes. You'll have very U1/4.1 version with only updates.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/