[CentOS] How to add a language/charsets to the system?

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Fri Apr 22 11:51:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

Yesterday I asked:

> A quick question, I hope...
>
> I have performed a complete package installation on CentOS 4, and upon
> installing it, as languages I chose English US and English UK.
>
> However... As I also write in Dutch and in Spanish, I need to install
> these languages as special characters like the 'enye' (= an 'n' with a
> 'tilde' over it) are currently missing from my system...
>
> Now, I checked the 'System settings' menu and it only seems to allow me
> to change the default language, but I do not see where I can install
> additional languages.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to go about this?

Alright, either I'm a doofus or I'm just looking in the wrong place (or
both ;) ), but I still can't find where/how to add additional
charsets/languages once the system is installed (and meanwhile my
business documents are getting messed up due to the lack of such
characters)...:O

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this?

Cheers!
Olafo