[CentOS] NFS insanity

Mark Weaver

mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sun Apr 24 13:54:26 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've got some insanity with mounting an NFS share that before reloading
my workstation afresh worked perfectly, but now refuses to mount.

Actually there are two servers with shares mounted.
(1) Mandrake 10.0 file server - two shares - mount perfectly
(2) Fedora Core 3 - one share - can't mount to save my life!

My workstation is CentOS 4. I reloaded it to get rid of the FC3
installation at the front of the main drive and recover some space on
the second drive moving CentOS to the main drive. Everything else works
wonderfully as advertised. The following is the only feedback I'm
getting when attempting to mount the share from the FC3 server. (the
shares on the file server mount perfectly)

SERVER:
Apr 24 09:43:41 mail rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
192.168.0.252:921 for /var/www (/var/www)

CLIENT:
Mounting NFS filesystems:  mount: 192.168.0.4:/var/www failed, reason
given by server: Permission denied

^^^ happens when running the command "service netfs restart[start]"

I've researched this exaustively on Google and have come up with nuttin.
what makes no sense at all to me is that it worked perfectly before on
my previous centos 4 installation and has only developed this behavior
since reinstalling and upgrading KDE to KDE-3.4 although I can't see
what was in there that might have affected netfs/nfs share mounting
since the other two shares from the Mandrake server do work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Mark