[CentOS] Centos 3.4 3ware 9500S Floppy Boot Disk

Seth Bardash seth at integratedsolutions.org
Tue Apr 26 21:05:20 UTC 2005

Centos 4.0 has the driver built in.

We recommend you install 4.0 and then build the latest (9.2) driver and
firmware from source (you must set up your kernel source tree to match the
running kernel).

Build it with the firmware in the driver so that at the next boot it will
upgrade the firmware. See 3ware's web site on how to do this. We will be
adding a page that describes this in detail in the future.

Once built, you need to copy it to the appropriate
/lib/modules/kernel_version/kernel/drivers/scsi directory.

Then run mkinitrd to create a new initrd image. Name it something else that
is NOT the default.

edit grub.conf and add a copy of the existing boot entry but change the
initrd image entry to match the new image created above.

Reboot and test it to make sure it works fine. If it does then save the old
image as file.old and name the new one the same name as the original old
one. Then delete the grub.conf entry you made for testing and you will be
good to go.

After you have all this running then install the latest version of 3dm2 from
3ware's site.

Best

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems