[CentOS] Laptop issues

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Wed Apr 27 11:56:12 UTC 2005

Mickael Maddison wrote:

>Hello CentOS,
>
>I'm trying to isolate a problem with a notebook.  I've tried to
>install CentOS from CD - but once I get the start screen, I type
>'enter' to begin installing.  The installer starts to load but only
>gets as far as:
>
>running install
>running /sbin/loader
>
>That's it.  Nothing beyond that... locks up solid.
>
>The equipment is ECS 736, P4 2.6Ghz /1024MB RAM, 40GB HDD.  Ultimate
>boot cd boots up fine and all tests appear to be fine.

Have you tried installing in text mode?  At the prompt, instead of just
pressing enter, you'll type "text" and then press enter.  Sometimes
laptop video adapters can be a bit "unconventional" and confuse things
during an install.  I'm not familiar with that particular laptop so I'm
not sure what video chipset it's using.

Cheers,