[CentOS] Does CentOS has problems with Norton Ghost 2003 images?

Maciej Zenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Wed Apr 27 21:19:45 UTC 2005

Well, believe it or not this means Norton Ghost is screwed up.  Why?
Cause a simple cat /dev/hda | cdrecord dev=/dev/dvd ... works fine as a
backup (once everything is mounted read-only and synced) for me.

Regardless this can't be a CentOS problem.  This might have to do with
Norton trying to parse the filesystem - which now includes selinux
labels...  Parsing the file system is not something it should be doing.
It should be doing a bit by bit copy - possibly with compression.

Cheers,
MaZe.