[CentOS] General question on QA from a Fedora Core fan

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:34:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 20:49, Collins Richey wrote:

> > My self I use Debian for my desktop and CentOS for my servers. With
> > Debian always can I get the newer "killer app" for Gnome.
> >

> What would be really great would be an intermediate level solution -
> the stability of the RHEL/CentOS base with available updates for KDE /
> GNOME / GIMP / PHP / MYSQL / POSTGRES etc. compiled on that base for
> those who want more current apps on the desktop or for development.
> And that with something considerably less experimental than the
> all-or-nothing FCn releases.
>
> Yes, I'm dreaming.

You might like ubuntu which doesn't force you to make a choice
between stability and having up to date applications, although they
haven't been around long enough to see if they can really manage a
fast release schedule without introducing a lot of new bugs.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com