[CentOS] what's the right way to ask help for unsupported kernel

Farkas Levente

lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Mon Aug 1 15:36:02 UTC 2005

hi,
as i already wrote mail to this list after we upgrade from centos-3 to
centos-4 with kernel-unsupported we has a once a week kernel crash.
we're not able to manage to find the real reason, but we've got this
once a week and it's a very big problem. we need novel fs support so we
can't use the standard kernel. i can't report it redhat because they
refuse to look into it since it's centos' kernel and not rhel's one
(what's more the unsupported version, so even the config are modified).
anybody else send back to centos, but centos is just recompile the rh
one:-( so what do you think what is the right place to report this error
to be able to get some kind of help to find the problem (or even more to
fix it:-)
i'm just attached the today's crash' netdump log file:
[Fwd: crash netdump black]
thank you for your help in advance.
yours.