[CentOS] KDE as default, and looking up CentOS on the web.

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Aug 2 02:47:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 09:53 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Further, if CentOS is the that interchangeable with Red Hat
> Enterprise,
> why would anyone buy Red Hat Enterprise?

If your (one's) enterprise values the support and warm fuzzy that comes
with the Red Hat contract you may be willing to pay the freight.  I hope
enough people do, since if RH goes out of business CentOS is in jeopardy
as well.

> Isn't RHE the one that Red Hat
> sells?

Yup, and we wish then well so they can keep supplying those nice SRPMS.
If our budgets had not been severely slashed at work, I would still be
buying RHEL as I did RH distros for many years, despite having very
little need for the support.  Giving a donation to CentOS is also a nice
thing to do.

Phil