[CentOS] VSFTP/MySQL

Franki

franki at htmlfixit.com
Tue Aug 2 08:07:42 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I've been slowly moving all my user services to
mysql backend, I realise it's probably not as good a choice as LDAP, but
you tend to stick with what you know.

To that end I want to setup both Apache and VSFTP to use mysql db for
virtual users. Basically I want to create virtual users that are locked
into their own home dir and have apache use mysql to work out it's
virtual hosts.

I can probably work out apache by myself as I've done similiar things
before, but VSFTP seems to be fairly lax in the online documentation
aspects so I'd appreciate any tips from the gurus.

regards

Franki