[CentOS] rpmbuild question.

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Tue Aug 2 15:47:49 UTC 2005

I am attempting to build from a src.rpm (knowing very little about
rpm at all) and the spec file notes that the architecture should be
set on the command line:

> # platform defines - set one below or define the build_xxx on the
command line

Now.  My question is this, how does one do this using rpmbuild?
The syntax rpmbuild --target centos4 package.src.rpm seemingly has
no effect.

Please note that I am a digest subscriber so it is most useful if
replies are sent to me directly as well as to the list.

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
mailto:byrnejb.<token>@harte-lyne.ca