[CentOS] Welcome screen is crashing.

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Fri Aug 5 05:57:36 UTC 2005

Update:

I did another YUM install, and I don't know if that's what made a
difference, but I rebooted, and this time i didn't get any error
messages of any kind. However, the login screen is this really plain
format. It's kind of nice, in a way. It looks more like the Fedora log
in, with that flat navy colour.

The one thing that is a bit squiky about it, and this is a super small
detail, but now it has two fields for "username" and "password". Before,
it had one field, where you entered the username, and once you pressed
"enter", it would switch into a password field. This seems more sensible
as you are always going to enter them in one at a time anyway, and this
way there's no tabbing between fields.

But now I have this two field set up. It's working, which is good. But
is the log in screen something I can configure?

Dave