[CentOS] Java installation problem.

duffmckagan mckagan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:47:42 UTC 2005

On 8/7/05, duffmckagan <mckagan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/6/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/6/05, duffmckagan <mckagan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Updating the data base doesn't help.
> > > #locate java ....gives an incredible list of paths.
> >
> > Great, so it's installed and you just need to edit your path.
> >
> > If which <command> doesn't find it then look elsewhere (e.g. locate).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Greg
> I have already used the locate command, and no use.
> It gave me a lotta output.
> Now, I am gonna take a look at Dag's repository.

Now that I installed Java from the DAG's repository, it gave me a
version jre2-1.4, while I wanted 1.5 (which I realised later.)

Now i did a simple Google search.
Found a good one at rpm-pbone.net and simply upgraded the package.
The RPM was originally made for mandrake, but worked here like a charm.
No problems whatsoever.

Moreover, I needed the Java installed for applications like Azureus
and Limewire.

I again did a google search for Azureus RPM, and found one , again
(built) for Mandrake.
I installed this one, and wow!
It is cool. Works good.
No crashes experience until now.

I love RPM ;-)

--
"No-one dies a virgin. Life screws everyone."