[CentOS] Making Driver Disks

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Aug 8 01:18:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 17:13 -0600, William wrote:
> List,
> I have attempted to make my own megaraid driver disk for a Dell
> PowerEdge 2300.  The procedure I'm using is detailed at the end of this
> message.  In short, I followed samples that I collected after Googling
> around.  The problem I face is that the CentOS 4 installer can't seem to
> mount the driver disk after I have created it.  It gives no information
> other than, "Cannot mount /dev/fd0", so I don't know where to look to
> troubleshoot this.

Is the "-BOOT" kernel no longer used for the installer kernel?
Likewise, is the cpio (USTAR 5KiB blocking) no longer used for packaging
driver disks?
[ I guess I haven't kept current in the last year or so if this is the
case ]

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com