[CentOS] Where should my Xdefaults file be?

Dave Gutteridge

dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Aug 8 02:20:17 UTC 2005

Apparently in order to get Japanese input working, I need to edit my
Xdefaults file.

By hunting on the web, I've read that I can create my own Xdefaults
file, but it's been very difficult to determine where I should create it.

I simply want to add the following line to this file:
*inputMethod kinput2

... so that Japanese input will be enabled. I want this setting to be
global for all users of my machine (which is only me, but just in case).

So where is, or where should be, my Xdefaults file?

Just in case anyone wants to know where I got this idea from, I got it
from here:
http://laeren.zoggins.net/japan/japanmoz.shtml

Thanks