[CentOS] Bandwidth limiting

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Aug 8 16:57:06 UTC 2005

Tony Wicks wrote:

> What's your ftp daemon?

	It is vsftpd.

> If it is the default vsftp just set the anon_max_rate=xxxxx, I use
> that on a centos 4 machine that is an official Fedora mirror and it
> works nicely. I run vsftp under xinetd as well to enable features
> like -
>
>        per_source              = 40
>        instances               = 400
>        max_load                = 10.0
>        nice                    = 17

	I've got some limiting stuff in vsftp.conf but it doesn't seem to work
the way I need it.  I need to limit the total ftp traffic to somewhere
in the 96K or less area.  I'd also rather not run vsftpd under xinetd,
but if it's going to be that or no ftp then I'll do it.

	FWIW, this is what my vsftpd.conf looks like.  If there's something I'm
missing or something that I can set better feel free to speak up.  :-)

# cat /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf | grep -v '#'
anonymous_enable=YES
local_enable=YES
write_enable=YES
local_umask=022
anon_upload_enable=YES
dirmessage_enable=YES
message_file=.message
xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
chown_uploads=YES
chown_username=ftp
xferlog_file=/var/log/xferlog
xferlog_std_format=YES
idle_session_timeout=600
data_connection_timeout=600
ascii_upload_enable=YES
ftpd_banner=Welcome to the WebTrek FTP server.
ls_recurse_enable=YES
anon_max_rate=96000
pasv_enable=YES
accept_timeout=60
pasv_min_port=6144
pasv_max_port=8191
listen=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES
max_clients=50
max_per_ip=3

--
My Useless Vanity Page - http://www.webtrek.com/joe
See my blog, sumo game ranks and other useless junk