[CentOS] Caching nameserver -- Name Services Cache Daemon (nscd)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:54:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 14:34, William Warren wrote:
> Ok etc/named.conf is NOT a symlink and /var/named does NOT have the
> chroot folders.  It has /var/named/data and /var/named/slaves both of
> which are blank.

I'm at a disadvantage here because I installed my box from the k12ltsp
rebuilt Centos 4 isos, but I don't think that part changed.  Are you
on a Centos4 installed from scratch or was the box upgraded from
something else?

Named should work the same, chroot or not, though.  What errors are
you seeing in /var/log/messages after starting it?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com