[CentOS] additional boot options with older Compaq 1850R and DL360 and DL380 units

Robert Hanson

roberth at abbacomm.net
Wed Aug 10 02:01:02 UTC 2005

greetings

does the list at this url cover *all* options or are there some hidden or
newer ones by chance?

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-ig-x8664-multi-en-4/ap-bootopts.html

i am playing with CentOS 4 on some Compaq dual PIII hardware. The first unit
is an 1850R with dual 500Mhz. If you need more info please let me know. it
is a basic unit with raid controller and a Gig of DRAM etc.

may i ask what others are putting in their "additional boot options" so that
the units can he remotely shutdown to power off and/or rebooted without
hanging please?

also, any _extra_ tips and tricks are certainly welcome.

again, i am grateful to those people that have been helping me off-list as
well!

take care and kind regards,

--
Robert Hanson