[CentOS] CentOS 4 HTTPD strange dependencies problem

Petr Klíma petr.klima at madeta-group.cz
Wed Aug 10 10:30:46 UTC 2005

Sorry, I know I should keep cool
but what I describe newer hapend in CentOS 3 till now.

I have several machines installed from CentOS 3.0 media and I newer need
  download other thing except "updates" .

I remember cca. 4-6 months back there was major change in repository
organisation. (There was a long talk about "How older releases should
change its yum.conf URL to work with new layout). Isn't this result of
the change? Or am I tolally wrong?

Former model - where all releases "updates" had its directory with
appropriate updates and not yust link to "hopefully global updates". It
was HDD hungry, I know.

But

Newer model - where all releases are linky to one directory

--

    Petr Klíma

    e-mail:  petr.klima at madeta-group.cz   MADETA Group a.s.
    phone:   +420 389 136 209             Rudolfovská 246/83
    web:     http://www.madeta-group.cz   370 50 České Budějovice
                                          Czech Republic