[CentOS] CentOS 4 HTTPD strange dependencies problem

Petr Klíma qaxi at seznam.cz
Wed Aug 10 11:49:54 UTC 2005

> That isn't true ... 3.1 was removed after 3.3 was released
>
> and 3.3 was removed after 3.4 was released ... this was all before
> CentOS-4 was released
>
> The method has always been the same ... only the /3 and /4 was added
> around the 3.4 release time.
>

>>But
>>
>>Newer model - where all releases are linky to one directory
>

> That has always been the case

OK, who should know it better you.

I start downloading 4.1 and 3.5 isos.

Just question

It would be nice to have in CentOS/4/isos/i386/
files named CentOS-4-i386-bin2of4.iso instead of
CentOS-4.1-i386-bin2of4.iso . (-4- in 4 directory nad -4.1- in 4.1 dir)

It would save configuration time for people with the same problem as me.

BTW: despite all I wrote today CentOS(and other RHEL build) is one of
the 5 best things that happend in last 2 years in Linux

Thank you

    Petr Klíma

    e-mail:  qaxi at seznam.cz