[CentOS] RE: Caching nameserver -- BIND(?) caching/forwarding server

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Wed Aug 10 16:27:06 UTC 2005

} That's why I append the subject to nscd, but now I've
} responded and changed it again here.  We started to go off on
} "nscd," but then we came back to the BIND or another DNS
} caching/fowarding server**.
}
} -- Bryan
}
} **[OT]NOTE:  My primary reason for doing this is that it
} makes it easier to find discussions in the archives, while
} still reserving the "sort by subject" in the mail readers
} too.  It's the same logic that was used prior for UseNet per
} the (now lost?) O'Reilly discussion guidelines.  It not only
} helps raise my ratings in Google searches, as well as
} popularity in people who click on them, but I get thanks from
} people who see my subject appendings mid-thread out of dozens
} or even hundreds of items (saving them a lot of effort).
}
} Bryan J. Smith                | Sent from Yahoo Mail
} mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org     |  (please excuse any

i agree on the thread issue myself yet i am not the mailing list expert. it
was just a suggestion as i recall the change from ncsd back to bind issues.

i had dismissed this thread until it dawned on me that i am an expert on DNS
among other things and have been for a decade or more yet i was distracted
with a new server and etc blah so my apologies...

since i dont have access to the machine i thought looking in those file

resolv.conf and named.conf would be a best start.

of course there are more potential issues people are already addressing so
ill see if i can get on board.

thanks

--
Robert Hanson