[CentOS] MailScanner and SpamAssassin

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Wed Aug 10 18:07:12 UTC 2005

I acknowledge beforehand that this list is not the primary place to
discuss these specific applications, but I am pressed for time and
many of you have a great deal of experience with these two products.

We have MailScanner configured to use SpamAssassin and it works
exactly as we wanted.  Up until now.  I now need to allow messages
classified as spam to be delivered to a single mailbox.  I tried to
do this by configuring an allowed address in SpamAssassin via the
webmin interface and restarting the MailScanner service (even though
as spamd is not running this should not matter).  This change has not
been effected.  Test messages containing spam are still being trapped
by MailScanner and discarded.  I do not wish to change the entire
system settings to allow one address (the abuse reporting address) to
get this type of mail.  How do I accomplish this within MailScanner.

Regards,
Jim

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca