[CentOS] Bind Setup

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Thu Aug 11 15:40:54 UTC 2005

}
} There was a distribution-packaging part of this discussion that wasn't
} answered.  If someone wants to bring it back on track they could explain
} what you get with an 'everything' install and how to get the chroot
} flavor installed.
}
} Also, there is a general-interest part.  How many people install
} private networks in such a way that essentially every local connection
} will send a reverse-DNS query for their private space to the
} internet root nameservers?  The people who do that aren't likely
} to be reading the bind mailing list...
}
} --
}   Les Mikesell

Les,

i started to answer it and then thought better. i know what you asked and
mean yet i just trial and error till i found what works for me re:

rpm -qa | grep whatever
yum whatprovides
yum install
yum remove

etc and my servers among the "other" things you are asking or implying.

yet, i have setup a lot of linux boxes over the years from slackware 0.9x
thru various Redhat and others and now CentOS etc.

maybe you should ask again to the CentOS devel people???

regards,

 - rh

--
Robert Hanson