[CentOS] export user from Active Directory

Nikos Zaharioudakis nzahar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:57:23 UTC 2005

On 8/11/05, Carlos Arellano <carellano at chihuahua.gob.mx> wrote:
> Any one know, how can I export user from Active Directory to openldap or to
> linux user,
> And where can I find a document for this. I have almost 4000 users on active
> directory and I am migrating a mail server from exchange 2000 to postfix ant
> the last step is migrate users.
>
> Any help.

Well, if you need the users and only them then go to the "Active
Directory Users and Computers" and make an export in CSV or tabs or
any text you wish.
Then use a spreadsheet to open this and modify it. Just erase the
collumns you do not need and leave the basic {name, username}
Then save it with a text format.
In this step create a shell or perl script that will be executed for
every line of that text and will create the user {either to the
openldap or real unix accounts}
It all depends on the directory service that you wish to have.
I hope it helped

Nikos