[OT - Your Ad Here] Re: [CentOS] Using YUM

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Aug 14 02:57:54 UTC 2005

duffmckagan <mckagan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't configured YUM .
> How do I do it?
> Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I have no
> idea about it.
> Moreover, I would also like to use APT afterwards.
> I really want to try both of these.
> I have used apt-get before many a times, but never used
> YUM.

<argumentative>
YUM and APT are not CentOS-specific and this is not a CentOS
question.
</argumentative>

-- Bryan

P.S.  Before you jump on me, read a few threads back.  I'm
just using this as an example, and it is not intented to be
an insult to Mr. McKagan.  Quite the opposite, I think this
is a standard CentOS question that should be allowed.  If
people feel otherwise, then put it in a FAQ and reference it.