[CentOS] I've lost control of Gnome

Dave Gutteridge

dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Aug 15 14:23:46 UTC 2005

    I tried out KDE for a while, but eventually found that it was not to
my liking. I've switched back to Gnome, but it seems to me that options
I used to have in the panel aren't available anymore. I'm not totally
sure, but isn't there supposed to be some sort of Gnome (Nautilus?)
control center? A place where I can adjust the themes, screen savers,
and that sort of thing?
    I was sure it was there, and now I can't find it, and I'm lost about
exactly which problem I should be fixing.
    Should there be a theme manager? If so where? I came across a theme
switcher application, installed the RPM, and I can't find it in the
applications menu either.

    Is Gnome upset with me for having been with KDE behind it's back?

Dave