[CentOS] Using YUM

duffmckagan mckagan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:18:12 UTC 2005

On 8/14/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/12/05, duffmckagan <mckagan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't configured YUM .
> >
> > How do I do it?
>
> Did you look at man yum.conf?  or man yum?  Or the yum wiki?
>
> <snip>
>
> > And yes, how do i use the apt-get on Cent OS too.
> >

> Yum is very simple to use and, if you want, includes lots of extra
> features - even a plugin system.  So, the question becomes why bother
> getting apt setup on a CentOS box when yum is already
> installed/configured?
>

> "Because I know apt well" isn't much of an answer since yum is easy to
> learn very very few people use apt on CentOS - meaning you will have a
> hard time getting support.
>
> Greg

Well, I was just trying to learn things.
I have my hands on YUM now..and I love it.
I just wanted to know about apt working on Cent OS, cuz I heard from
one of my friend that he was using it on SuSE. So I thought that would
be for Cent OS too.

Doesn't matter me anymore. I am happy with Yum.

"No-one dies a virgin. Life screws everyone."