[CentOS] Re: The scariest set up of all: Printer Support -- step-by-step: Canon PIXUS iP3100

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Fri Aug 19 08:02:46 UTC 2005

>This article seems step-by-step in setting up CUPS for your _exact_
>model (Canon PIXUS iP3100, correct?):
>  http://www.techbuilder.org/recipes/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=167600449

Thank you for that excellent article. And what a stroke of luck that the
person us using my exact model.

All went well until the author of the article instructed to go to "Start
Menu > Control Center > peripherals > printers". I have neither a
"Control Center", nor a "Peripherals", let alone a "printers" anywhere
in my menu. The author of the article is using KDE, but shouldn't there
be something similar in Gnome?

Which, although I'm probably many steps ahead, I'm sort of back to my
original question. Where do I access printer settings? Is there a GUI in
Gnome for this? Is there one I can install?

Apparently I'm looking for an "add printer wizard", or anything that
lets me properly install the "ppd" file that I've created for my printer.

Where can I administrate my printer settings?

Dave