[CentOS] Linux Trademarked?

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Fri Aug 19 20:02:38 UTC 2005

} Johnny Hughes wrote:
} CentOS does not have Linux (R) in it's name (because we don't have
} permission to use that Trademark in our name, and since it costs $5000
} we won't be adding to our name anytime soon) and CentOS is not in any
} way affiliated with Fedora Core, The Fedora Project, or Red Hat (R),
} Inc.
}
} CentOS does not contain Red Hat (R) Linux (R), Red Hat (R) Enterprise
} Linux (R) or Fedora Core.
}
} CentOS is built from publicly available open source SRPMS.
}
} Hopefully that clears up any questions anyone might have.
}

understood :-) i think... :)

what i meant was, at this url

http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=13

it says "Fedora Linux"...

maybe that needs to be changed. and i thought i saw something else. sheesh
huh? ;)

sorry, sometimes i am a great proofreader if i understand what could be
right and/or wrong... if i gain and/or use the knowledge and wisdom i have
been given.

having dealt with so much contract, legal, and various policy and procedure
_language_ over the years has fried some circuits and i am almost too much a
perfectionist at times and so i have a tendency to waste cpu cycles... ;->

please forgive me. :-)

regards,

 - rh

--