[CentOS] xfs module not loading

Fri Aug 19 21:16:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 13:51 -0700, Fong Vang wrote:

> > > Makes sense. Thank you for the insight.  Could you point to some
> > > document detailing the steps to rebuild the installer (not really sure
> > > what that means).
> >
> > See an earlier post in this thread:
> >
> > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-August/010119.html
> >
> > Basically you need to have the whole distribution (from CDs etc) on
> > line, replace all the various kernel RPMS with the ones from centosplus
> > downloads and add the xfsprogs (and jfsutils and reiserfs) RPMS to the
> > CentOS/RPMS directory, install the anaconda-runtime RPM and run
> > something like the script at http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/build.sh.txt
>
> I tried to run it, but looks like you need the SRPMS.  The script
> doesn't do much error checking.

I don't make mistakes ... just kidding :)

This is the script I use to make the CD ISOs for CentOS 4 ... It isn't
really meant for redistribution (Not that it is a huge secret or
anything, I just never really commented it for distribution).

>   The variables are not well commented,
> but I assume BUILDDIR is where the build will happen and DISTDIR is
> the original source is located.

correct.  $BUILDDIR needs to look like /usr/src/redhat and you need to
have it also be %_topdir in your .rpmmacros.  You need all the items you
want to put on the CDs under a $ARCH (i386, x86_64, etc.) directory
under $DISTDIR ... also in your .rpmmacros, the full path to $DISTDIR
needs to be %rpmdbtree ... and $DISTDIR/$ARCH/CentOS/base needs to be %
basedir.

Here is the .rpmmacros that I build with:
http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/rpmmacros

This also signs the packages with a key named CentOS-4 (which you
probably don't have .... signing the packages is not required, but you
would need to remark out the "rpm --resign" steps if you  don't want to
sign.

> Anyway, I guess I'll have to dive into the script and try to figure
> out how it's doing it.  BTW, last question.  Does it create the
> initrd, kernel, netstg and stage2 images automatically?

Yes it will .... And generate all the install images, boot.iso, etc.