[CentOS] CentOS4 and older megaraid - SOLVED?

William wlist-centos at kimballstuff.com
Sat Aug 20 17:42:12 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> I found that when I booted into linux rescue, I could switch consoles..
> Alt-F2
>
> rmmod megaraid_mbox
> rmmod megaraid_mm
> mkdir /mnt/floppy
> mount /dev/fdo /mnt/floppy
> insmod /mnt/floppy/megaraid.ko

When in rescue mode, I can access the command shell, as you indicated.
I could also insert the megaraid-i586 module, as you indicated.
However, because I'm in rescue mode -- and after successfully adding the
megaraid.ko kernel module -- I am forced back out to the command shell
by the installer at the last rescue screen (where it offers to mount
your existing file system).

Then, what?  How do I actually install CentOS 4 at this point?  I never
saw anaconda.

The tuxyturvy link reads, "At this point complete switch back to the
normal install screen by pressing Alt-F1."  This does nothing.

Thanks for your help!

--
William Kimball, Jr.
http://www.kimballstuff.com/